- Locate the private key and certificate files. The following directives in the httpd.conf point to the location of the key and certificate files:
- SSLCertificateFile …/path/to/mycertfile.crt
- SSLCACertificateFile /path/to/intermediate.crt
- SSLCertificateKeyFile …/path/to/mykeyfile.key
- Copy the .key file, both .crt files (one is the server certificate and the other is the intermediate CA certificate), and the httpd.conf file onto a thumb drive or CD.
- <filename>.key private key
- <filename>.crt server certificate
- <filename>.crt intermediate CA certificate
- httpd.conf – Web server configuration file.
We highly recommend backing up your SSL Certificate on a thumb drive or CD.